Conditions of General Facilities Hire
Registered Charity 1145191 Company Limited by Guarantee 07809552
1. Strensall Sports Club reserves the right to refuse any application for hire. The person by whom the hire form is signed shall be deemed to be the Hirer and will be responsible for payment of all fees payable in respect of the hire.The Hirer must be 18 years of age or over.
2. The Hirer is held responsible for all damage to the premises occurring during the period of the hire or whilst persons are entering or leaving the premises in connection with the hire.
3. The Hirer or representative will be responsible for the supervision and security of the premises, the fabric and the contents, for any damage caused and for the behaviour of all persons using the premises, whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of car parking so as to avoid disturbing the neighbourhood by unreasonable noise.
4. The Hirer shall be responsible for opening and closing the main gates (unless another authorised hirer is present) and will “tumble” the padlock code on entry and exit to prevent the padlock code becoming known by unauthorized persons.
5. The Hirer shall not sub-let or use any part of the facilities for commercial gain, or charge another for the use of their hire period.
6. The Hirer undertakes to manage and conduct the use of the premises during the period of letting so that nothing shall be done to injure the reputation of the Association or to offend against any Statute, any regulations which will imperil any licence granted or any insurance perfected in respect of the facilities and the Hirer covenants to indemnify Strensall Sports Club against all proper costs, charges and expenses, arising from any breach of this undertaking.
7. The building is not licensed for public entertainment (music, singing and dancing).
8. The Hirer must make arrangements for the bar licence and any other licences required and must inform Strensall Sports Club that a licence has been applied for.
9. The Hirer shall indemnify the Management Committee for any infringement of copyright, which may occur during the hire.
10. The Hirer shall permit members of Strensall Sports Club or their agents to enter and view the facilities and the arrangements made for the proper supervision thereof.
11. Strensall Sports Club shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury which may be incurred by or done or happen to any person or persons resorting to the premises during the hiring arising from any cause whatsoever or for any loss due to breakdown of machinery, failure of electricity, leakage of water, government restriction, or Act of God which may cause the facilities to temporarily be closed or the hiring to be interrupted or cancelled and the Hirer shall indemnify Strensall Sports Club against any claim which may arise out of the hiring in respect of such loss, damage or injury.
12. During use there must be a staff of competent adult attendants present (all easily identifiable) who must have been specifically instructed in their duties in the event of fire or panic. A minimum of 1 Adult to every 8 children under 14 yrs. old is required by Law. (Please see notices detailing fire evacuation procedures placed near the fire exits).
13. The person nominated to be in charge of an entertainment and the helpers must familiarise themselves with the fire exits from the building and the positioning of firefighting equipment and alarm boxes. One of their number should be designated to supervise each fire exit in the event of a fire. The assembly point after an evacuation is on the car park.
14. Discos: The hirer must consult with a member of Strensall Sports Club over the siting of disco equipment.
15. The Hirer undertakes to: ensure that noise (both inside and outside the building) is kept to a reasonable level, to reduce the level if asked to do so by a member of Strensall Sports Club, ensure that the Emergency exit doors are kept closed whilst events are in progress.
16. Remove ALL REFUSE and ensure ALL FACILITIES hired are left clean and tidy.
17. Put out any required tables and chairs etc. AND properly replace all items at the end of the hiring.
18. Children’s Parties: The use of glitter is not permitted anywhere in the building or the playing surfaces of the courts.
19. The Hirer must ensure that the number of persons (including all helpers, caterers and performers) in the building does not exceed the regulations limits.
20. Strensall Sports Club require a refundable deposit of £25.00 with each party booking. This deposit may be retained if there is any damage, breakages or vandalism found.
21. The Hirer must ensure such fire, health and safety and other precautions as required by Strensall Sports Club are properly implemented and observed.
22. Users of the Multi Use Games Area (MUGA) will be required to agree to the terms and conditions and the Rules of use in addition to these general terms and conditions.
23. ALL PREMISES TO BE VACATED BEFORE 11pm EACH AND EVERY DAY.
24. ALL FLOODLIGHTS TO BE SWITCHED OFF BEFORE 9pm EACH AND EVERY DAY.
25. NO DOGS ALLOWED ANYWHERE ON THE PREMISES (except guide dogs).
Available in the kitchen: electric cooker, dishwasher, freezer, fridge, cups, mugs, plates, bowls, cutlery.
Available in the function room: 18 tables, 40 inside chairs, flip chart. CAPACITY – 60 people.
Available for outside use: 20 polyprop chairs.